October 21, 2021, is “Imagine a Day Without Water”, a national education campaign created to highlight how essential and invaluable water is and its need of investment.
Do you know where your drinking water comes from? Or where your wastewater goes?
When you have reliable water service, you don’t have to think about the infrastructure that brings water to your home or business and returns it safely to the environment–but we should. On Imagine a Day Without Water, we ask everyone to consider what their day would be like if they couldn’t turn on the tap and get clean drinking water, or if you flushed the toilet and wastewater didn’t go anywhere. What would that day be like?
Did you know:
- 2 million Americans are living without access to drinking water and wastewater service every day
- 61% of Americans rely on lakes, rivers, and streams as their source of drinking water
- 39% of Americans rely on groundwater – water located underground in aquifers and wells
- More than 6 million people living in rural communities have water contamination problems
- More than 1,000 water systems across the US have drinking water that fails safety standards for lead
- 1/5 of the US economy would grind to a halt without reliable water infrastructure
- After working for 100+ years, many drinking and wastewater systems are aging and failing
Here at Seven Seas Water Group, we are committed to updating aging infrastructures, installing efficient water and wastewater treatment facilities, and providing a reliable source of clean water.
For information on Imagine a Day Without Water and how you can participate, visit the organization’s website.